Health and Wellbeing
- More than half of countries score highly on this domain because of consistent investment in this area. The Health and Wellbeing domain recorded the largest improvement at 4.39 per cent.
- The world’s mortality score has improved by 12.1%.
- The rates of HIV, self-harm, alcohol abuse and tobacco consumption also improved by less than 2% each.
- Sub-Saharan Africa improved the most.
- 20 Commonwealth countries received Health and Wellbeing scores consistent with the Very High or High levels of youth development.
|Top Global Performers in Health and Wellbeing|
Download the report for insights into:
- How the 2020 Commonwealth Young Person of the Year is making emergency medical services available to rural people in Bangladesh.
- Why road traffic crashes have been the leading cause of death among young people between 15 and 29 years old for over a decade and what we should do about it.
- The role of legislation and policy in protecting rights to mental health services and support.
- How sport supports youth mental health and builds community cohesion in South Africa and Sierra Leone.
- Examples of #YouthTakingCharge in Health, including 11 COVID-19 Heroes who have helped their communities respond to the crisis.